Emergency Management Subject Matter Expert
Job working in the business sector in Florida with plenty of travel.
CAE is a world leader in providing simulation and modelling technologies and integrated training solutions for the civil aviation industry and defence ... and is looking to expand into emergency management. Check out the job description below.
They want the person to work out of Florida and it looks like there will be some pretty extensive travel that goes with this job.
Job Description/Career Opportunity
CAE Professional Services has built a reputation for delivering strategic guidance and technical expertise to solve the client’s most complex problems. We work closely with our clients to define the problem space. Through an integrated team approach, we apply simulation-based tools and system-of-systems thinking to address the impacts of new systems, procedures, and policy on people, processes, and technology.
Our team works with research and development in various markets such as defense, homeland and domestic security, public safety and security, critical infrastructure and high technology.
CAE is seeking an Emergency Manager training expert with Business Development skills and extensive EM experience who can develop the marketing and product strategy of CAE’s simulation products which support emergency and homeland security operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties maybe assigned.
- Formulates EM training market and product strategy recommendations.
- Executes EM training business development strategy.
- Prepares and delivers oral and written presentations.
- Maintains and updates marketing knowledge database.
- Provides Marketing teams with research support for the development of win strategies.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors the EM training market to determine market size, product/technology requirements, competitive position, and trends in training/product acquisition.
- Attendance and representation of CAE at relevant trade shows and industry forums.
- Domestic travel and extensive customer interaction.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, Communications, Technology Management, or equivalent experience is required.
- Recent Emergency Operations Center experience (DHS, FEMA, Federal, State, Local )
- Emergency Management Training experience including scenario development
- Knowledge of NIMS, HSEEP, NPREP, Web EOC, Knowledge Center, NC4
- Strong communications and interpersonal skill.
- Ability to work both as a individual contributor and in a team environment. Ability to operate successfully in a volatile and dynamic market environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, Sharepoint and Access.
- Federal Grant writing experience a plus.
- Experience on major exercises (Ex. TOPOFF, HHS, Treasury, National Guard, FEMA, DHS, etc.)
- Experience in live events (Ex. Katrina, All-Hazard events, etc.)
- Cross discipline (Ex. Fire, EMS, HAZMAT, EM, Public Health, LE, USAR, etc.)
Education and/or Experience
- Recent experience in a DoD or Government environment preferred.
- 10+ years of related experience in Emergency Management Industry.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, communicate via telephone, and give oral presentations. Ability to travel both domestic and international.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in a regular office environment; communicate via telephone, and occasional domestic travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V