Job: Security Oerations Center Manager
Securitas has a job opening for an Global Operations Center Manager
One of the allied fields to emergency management that has expanded in a huge way following the terrorist attacks of 9/11 is security. While there has always been some security in place, it has expanded significantly over the years. Corporate security being one of the largest areas for that expansion.
See job announcement below for a job associated with Microsoft security. Note that there are extensive KSAs associated with this position.
Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
Position: Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Manager - Microsoft Account
Reports To: Regional Security Advisor - Puget Sound
Location: Redmond, WA
Salary Range: DOE
JOB SUMMARY: The GSOC Manager role is high end middle management with high visibility and direct responsibility for the effective operations of Microsoft's Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) in Redmond, WA. The role requires a leader proficient in operational, team and project management. The GSOC provides emergency and non-emergency security system monitoring, call taking, event dispatching, and event driven notification services globally 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The GSOC Manager is responsible for driving process refinement & implementation, project management, cross-team/discipline collaboration, maintenance of internal & external stakeholder relationships, and directly supervises the Operations Center Shift Managers (OCSMs).
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity. All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
• Mitigates/overcomes obstacles and sees them as/turns them in to opportunities to improve
• Identifies and recommends solutions to interoperability deficiencies; employs solution based thinking
• Accepts ownership of all team failures/dropped balls equally with successes/home runs
• Exhibits ultimate professionalism & self-control to avoid overpromising & under-delivering
• Ability to prioritize asks & workload based on urgency/importance, delegate tasks, & communicate status
• Ability to envision and set achievable goals along with milestones, deliverables, and a winning/losing scorecard
• Communicates with other GSOCs on new processes & revises current processes ensuring enterprise compatibility
• Develops project management plans for new processes & applications to be implemented within the GSOC
• Works closely with the training department to achieve the highest levels of team operational readiness
• Provides supervision and leadership to assigned staff to include 1:1 mentoring/coaching
• Directs oversight of all local and remote monitoring of Microsoft sites within the GSOC's scope
• Maintains operational integrity and control in GSOC
• Continuously improves operational controls, mitigates threats to client business operations and ensures a consistent and superior client experience
• Drives efforts in the GSOC to identify and implement service behaviors that improve the established customer service standards and service levels
• Monitors and adheres to internal operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of Microsoft assets
• Develops & implements an ongoing refinement of policies and procedures, to include bi-annual reviews
• Processes and reviews/maintains a wide variety of files, logs, reports, and forms
• Selects qualified candidates for open positions
• Identifies and develops high potential employees in order to build operational bench strength and excellence
• Creates and presents annual evaluations, performance development plans, and other HR documents
• Handles & escalates employee complaints and grievances appropriately, fairly, and consistently
• Reports the activities of the team to upper management in an effective, accurate, and timely manner
• Responsible for employee morale and well-being
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
• Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
• Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
• Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
Bachelor's degree (master's preferred), and 5+ years related experience and/or training in business management, project management, and/or quality, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
• Extensive experience in a leadership role in a high risk, high liability, rapidly changing environment centered around the use of technology to ensure compliance, monitor assets, and make rapid notifications via mass communication tools
• Extensive experience managing complex projects centered around training & implementing new technology to end-users in a 24x7x365 environment
• Extensive experience using quality assurance techniques & strategies to monitor team performance & compliance with contractually set Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Experience working with Underwriter's Laboratory (UL) certifications & audits, preferably for self-monitoring of life safety and asset protection centric alarms and signals
• Experience compiling data into spreadsheets, pivot tables, etc. to make an effective business presentation
• Command of business acumen to gain compliance/buy-in from stakeholders/partners needed for success
• Command of innovative business processes & best practices to optimize efficiency and ensure team success
• Strong ability to/experience balancing stress & workload to ensure success & continuity of operations
• General understanding of life & asset safety monitoring procedures and/or ability to learn them quickly
• Knowledge of security technology and/or Microsoft proprietary software and emerging industry trends
• Excellent grasp of MS Office Suite & programs to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, InfoPath, SharePoint, etc.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills required for preparing clear, concise and grammatically correct materials/original correspondence and communicating information effectively to others
• Strong leadership skills and professional demeanor
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers and supervisors
• Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures
• Ability to facilitate progressive change
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude & high motivation level focused on success
COMPETENCIES (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers
• Successful passage of background, reference, psychological, and controlled substance tests, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements
• Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others
• Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
• May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Must be able to maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
• Must be flexible with the ability to work evenings and weekends with little notice
• Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
• Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain
• Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
• Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
• On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity
• Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others
• Computer usage, keyboarding and operating controls which may include prolonged periods of data entry
Please send your resume to:
Securitas Security Services, Inc.
One Microsoft Way Bldg 125/ #1109C
Redmond, WA 98052